Work with Us
Work with Us
We recognise that our staff are key to our success which is why we aim to recruit, develop and retain talented and highly skilled people that share our ethos and believe in our mission to raise aspirations and develop character in a positive environment.
Health and wellbeing
The health and wellbeing of our staff is important to us. We firmly believe that healthy, happy staff make for a positive and productive workforce, a thriving and dynamic environment leading to engaged young people who can achieve more. Our approach to staff wellbeing continues to evolve as we look for ways to further enhance the working environment and wellbeing of our staff. We offer:
- 24/7 access to a free Employee Assistance Programme to provide confidential advice and guidance on any personal and/or work-related matter.
- Free Mindfulness training with a qualified and experienced professional.
- An open and collaborative working environment, not just within your school but also across the Trust where innovation is encouraged.
- Discounted gym membership.
- Commitment to exploring ways to reduce email traffic and confine email replies to office hours – while recognising our employees' preferences for when they work.
- Commitment to continuously reviewing of workload issues and exploring options for simpler, less onerous methods and processes.
We have a long track record of ‘growing our own’ and are committed to providing professional development opportunities for all staff. These include:
- Support (both financial and with study time) for professional development programmes including MBAs and role specific qualifications including AAT.
- Access to nationally recognised professional qualifications and other external programmes including the Chartered Teacher Programme.
- Our in-house Leadership Pathways programme which offers bespoke training for middle and senior leaders.
- There are also opportunities for staff to experience secondments at other schools in the Trust, collaborate with colleagues and work on exciting projects across the organisation. These opportunities will become more abundant as the Trust grows.
We Offer the Opportunity to
- Work within a fantastic, close-knit community.
- Help shape the future of our schools and the Nene Education Trust.
- Inspire highly motivated and talented children.
- Work with a range of colleagues who are valued, well qualified and highly-motivated.
- Experience fantastic and varied opportunities for professional development.
- Work in a Trust where there is a genuine belief in the importance of staff well-being, as well as valuing each person (child, staff member, parent/carer…) as a unique human being.
- Live and work in a semi-rural location that offers competitive house prices, with outstanding leisure and shopping facilities and excellent transport links to all areas of the country.